Monday, June 1, 2020

DOLE Execs Slam ‘Smear Drive’ Vs. Bello

MOST READ

Top officials of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) expressed support to Secretary Silvestre Bello III amid the issues hurled against him.

In a manifesto, the DOLE officials said they are alarmed by “the manner (Bello) is yet again being pilloried with a slew of charges that are unfounded, and at best ludicrous.”

The document was signed by four of the five department undersecretaries, five assistant secretaries, and the directors of bureaus and offices who are all career officials of DOLE.

“We are convinced that most of which were resurrected allegations first brought to public attention last year and dismissed by the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) sans an iota of merit,” the officials’ manifesto read.

It added that the issues being raised against the labor chief have been damaging the image of the department and its officials.

Last week, separate complaints were filed in the Ombudsman and the PACC against Bello for graft, dishonesty, and treason for his alleged excessive overseas travels and meeting with Communist Party of the Philippines founder Jose Ma. Sison in the Netherlands.

Bello is also accused of usurpation of authority for designating officers-in-charge (OICs) to vacant positions in the department.

“While the sinister attacks may be directed against Secretary Bello, we believe that his tormentors are willfully destroying the institution by maliciously implying that its officials merely kowtow to the Secretary’s alleged ‘unauthorized’ acts in the performance of his duties,” the manifesto said.

“If only to protect the integrity of the institution we serve, we stand strong against the evil designs propelled by obsession and wicked personal interests to destroy it. We stand firmly by the probity of Secretary Bello in leading us, and in the conduct of the affairs of the Department,” it added.

On December 6, the DOLE will be celebrating its 86th anniversary which will be graced by President Rodrigo Duterte.

“In the coming days, the institution will observe 86 years of service to the Filipino workers and the people. We will not allow such overzealous machinations to stand in the way of our pursuit of “mahusay, mabilis at malinis na serbisyo, (excellent, fast and clean service)” the manifesto said. (PNA)
Photo Credit: facebook.com/pcoogov/

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Mayor Labella: Cebu City Under GCQ From June 1 To 15

Labella: "Under GCQ, there will be more businesses that will reopen and public transport will resume operations but with reduced operating capacity."

Pres. Duterte Thanks Bahrain For Granting Pardon To 16 Pinoys

PRRD expresses gratitude to His Majesty King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa for granting royal pardon to 16 Filipinos in the Kingdom of Bahrain, including two who were pardoned on Eid’l Fitr.

Sen. Hontiveros To OWWA: Address Food, Health Needs Of OFWs Awaiting Flight To Hometowns

Hontiveros: "Huwag naman sana hayaan ng pamahalaan na pagkatapos ng kalbaryo sa mandatory quarantine, ay maharap pa sa gutom, pagod at buong araw na pila ang mga OFW para lang makauwi sila sa kanilang mga pamilya."

Spox Roque: DepEd Ready For School Opening In August

Malacañang has expressed confidence that the Department of Education (DepEd) is ready for the scheduled opening of classes on August 24 despite the COVID-19 pandemic.

Sen. Gatchalian: CBMS Law To Correct Inefficiencies In SAP Distribution

Gatchalian urges the government to use the Community-Based Monitoring System (CBMS) Act to ensure efficient distribution of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP).

Gov. Defensor Jr.: Iloilo Is Now Preparing For MGCQ

Iloilo Province is already adjusting quarantine guidelines as its general community quarantine (GCQ) will end on May 31.

Mayor Joy To Strictly Implement Order On Wearing Of Face Masks In Public Places

Belmonte: “Dahil face mask ang isa sa pangunahing depensa laban sa COVID-19, paiigtingin natin ang kampanya upang masanay ang lahat na magsuot nito sa mga pampublikong lugar.”

Pres. Duterte Eases Community Quarantine Status

PRRD has placed the rest of the country under modified general community quarantine effective June 1.

Albay Rep. Salceda Proposes 35-Hour Work Scheme

Sang-ayon ka bang bawasan ang work hours?

Pres. Duterte, Vietnam PM Commit To Stronger Ties, Stable Rice Supply

In a telephone conversation requested by the PM, both leaders underscored the importance of maintaining adequate supply of staple food and critical medical equipment to successfully combat the COVID-19 pandemic.