Guv. Cua: Quirino Slowly Heads To Normalcy; Aids Cagayan, Isabela

MOST READ

Quirino province is getting back on its feet following the onslaught of typhoons, Governor Dakila Carlo Cua said on Monday.

In a virtual briefing, Cua said telecommunications lines are now back to normal while 50 percent of cut electric power was already restored.

“Ang nawalan lang naman po ay dalawang bayan (there were only two towns that experienced power cut) and both were electrified after a day/half substantially, tapos ngayon po kumpleto na except nga lang po yung mga lugar na talaga malayo at hindi mapasukan dahil may konting accessibility problem dun sa roads nila dahil sa landslide (so far, it’s already complete except for some far-flung places that still have road accessibility problems due to landslide),” he said.

At present, the Quirino provincial government has deployed augmentation teams to assist in the rescue, relief, and clearing in other typhoon-hit communities in Tuguegarao City and other areas in Cagayan as well as in Isabela province.

“Ako ay tunay na nainspire at nabilib ako sa kabutihang loob ng ating mga ka-probinsyano (I was truly inspired and impressed by the generosity of our countrymen—yung (our) fellow Quirinians—dahil alam kong nabagyo rin sila, alam kong nasalanta rin sila kahit paano pero siguro nakita rin nila na (I know that they were hit by the calamity, I know the typhoon has somehow devastated them but I think they saw that) there are others who are more in need,” Cua said.

Cua said the augmentation teams from Quirino province opted to stay in the affected areas for six more days along with their relief and rescue equipment, to help more stranded families and provide assistance to evacuees.

Cua said food packs, non-food items, and other in-kind donations from the private sector continue to pour in to help Quirino residents.

He said the provincial government intends to share these donations to its neighboring provinces that are also bearing the brunt of the typhoon’s aftermath.

“Some of these donations, we will also allocate to our own ka-probinsyahan (countrymen)—yung mga naapektuhan pero (those who are affected but) bulk of it siguro (might) still go to Cagayan and Isabela,” Cua said.

The provincial government launched the “Tulong mula sa puso” donation drive which accepts monetary contributions until 5 p.m. Wednesday (Nov.18).

“For those who want to donate cash via digital means especially those who are out of the country or far from the Province, feel free to transfer your donation here. Any amount will make a difference in helping our kababayans in Cagayan and Isabela to rise again,” the provincial government said in an advisory.

The Quirino provincial council earlier approved Resolution No. 140, series of 2020 authorizing the provincial government to provide assistance to the provinces of Cagayan and Isabela, and the city of Tuguegarao.

Meanwhile, a state of calamity in Quirino province was declared under Resolution No. 141, series of 2020, due to the heavy damages on crops, plants, and public and private structures. (PNA)

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Roque Says He Has No Control Over Crowd In Cebu

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said he had no control over a mass gathering in Cebu where he delivered a speech, saying it was the local government that organized the event held on Nov. 27.

Gordon Thanks SoKor For P10-M Aid For Typhoon Victims

Philippine Red Cross chairman and CEO Senator Richard Gordon thanks the South Korea government for donating nearly PHP10-million as humanitarian assistance for families and communities affected by Super Typhoon Rolly and Typhoon Ulysses.

Año Opposes Holding Of Face-To-Face Classes

Department of the Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año opposes proposals to resume the holding of face-to-face classes in schools at this time, saying it might cause a spike in COVID-19 cases.

Duterte Enjoins Pinoys To Draw Inspiration From Bonifacio’s Heroism

President Rodrigo Duterte joins the nation in commemorating the 157th birth anniversary of Andres Bonifacio, urging Filipinos to draw inspiration from the heroism of the supreme leader (Supremo) of the Katipunan amid the prevailing COVID-19 health crisis.

Roque Defends Duterte’s Sexist Jokes: ‘Let’s Take A Joke For What It Is’

ROQUE: "Let's not give too much meaning to the jokes of the president. The president is really just like that, and he can't change anymore because he's already in his 70s."

Roque Congratulates Tricia Robredo: ‘Sa Panahon Ng Pandemya, Talagang Kayo Po Ang Mga Bagong Bayani’

Roque previously accused Tricia and Aika Robredo of triggering the #NasaanAngPangulo trend during the Typhoon Ulysses.

House Welcomes Passage Of 2021 Nat’l Budget In Senate

Speaker Lord Allan Velasco welcomes the timely passage of the proposed PHP4.506-trillion national budget for 2021 in the Senate.

Galvez: Gov’t, Private Sector To Ink Deal For 2-M AstraZeneca Vaccines

National Policy against COVID-19 chief implementer and vaccine czar Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. announces the government and the private sectors are set to sign a tripartite agreement for two million doses of AstraZeneca's vaccine.

Gatchalian To Raise Issues On Erroneous Learning Materials In Senate hearing

Senator Win Gatchalian, to raise the errors in the DepEd modules on the next Senate hearing.

Bello: DOLE Orders Release Of Deferred Holiday Pay For Private Workers

The Department of Labor and Employment orders private companies to release the deferred holiday pay of their workers before the end of the year.