Monday, July 13, 2020

Sec. Año Imposes Strict ‘1-Pass-Per-Family’ Rule In Cebu City

MOST READ

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año is imposing a one-pass-per-family order here to ensure “strict home quarantine” particularly in high-risk villages, the chair of the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (RIATF-EID) said on Wednesday.

Leocadio Trovela, DILG-Central Visayas regional director and RIATF-EID-Region 7 chair, said Año ordered the suspension of the city government-issued quarantine passes to pave the way for the implementation of a stringent “stay-at-home” protocol to avert further increase in the number of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases.

The 250,000 quarantine passes issued by the city government to the residents are too many, he said.

“Masyadong marami (They are too many). It defeats the purpose of enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) if the local government issues so many passes. We can no longer control the people from going out of their home,” Trovela said in an interview with the Philippine News Agency (PNA).

He said that because of the too many passes previously issued, residents could easily roam around the city even if they had no essential transactions to do.

Año’s instruction before flying back to Manila on Wednesday morning was to put “on board barangay officials and the PNP (Philippine National Police) in processing the distribution of the city quarantine passes.

Trovela also told the PNA that the appeal of Mayor Edgardo Labella for a downgrading of the risk classification here to general community quarantine (GCQ) which was submitted by the RIATF-EID-7 to its national counterpart is still awaiting feedback.

“Hindi naman yun (It was not) deemed abandoned. Pero wala pa lang tayong (We have not received) feedback yet from the IATF until President (Rodrigo) Duterte assigned Secretary (Roy) Cimatu to oversee our Covid-19 response in Cebu City,” he said.

Shortly after the national government reverted the city to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) last week, Labella submitted his appeal for GCQ to the RIATF.

The second ECQ, Trovela said, will end on June 30, but the next risk classification of the city will depend on how aggressive the officials here are implementing drastic measures from the IATF, through Cimatu.

Among the measures was strict home quarantine, particularly in high-risk barangays like Mambaling, he said.

Apart from Cimatu, Duterte also sent Año, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and Health Secretary Francisco Duque III to this capital city of Cebu province on Tuesday to assist the Environment chief in overseeing the national government’s response to the Covid-19 concerns. (PNA)

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Sec. Nograles: MGCQ Possible For Metro Manila With Proactive Local Lockdowns

A shift of Metro Manila to the least restrictive modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) is possible on July 16 as long as localized lockdowns are imposed immediately.

Usec. Vega: DOH Cites Davao City’s Isolation Of COVID-19 Patients

The Department of Health (DOH) has acknowledged Davao City government’s move to assign only one hospital to cater to patients suspected of and infected with the COVID-19 as one of its best practice.

Mayor Abby: Ospital Ng Makati To Start Virtual Health Services Monday

Makati residents can now avail of virtual health care services from medical doctors of the Ospital ng Makati (OsMak)!

Sen. Gatchalian Urges LGUs: Conduct Blended Learning Dry Run Before Classes Open

"Kung hindi matututo ang ating mga mag-aaral, mag-aaksaya lamang tayo ng panahon at masasayang ang buwis na ginagasta natin upang mabigyan ng magandang kinabukasan ang ating mga mag-aaaral."

Spox. Roque: SC To Decide If ABS-CBN Franchise Can Be Regained

Malacañang said it would defer to the Supreme Court to decide if the network’s franchise can be regained through the proposed "people’s initiative."

Mayor Vico Launches Interest-Free Loan For Economic Recovery

The Pasig City government has officially launched its Tulong at Pampuhunang Ayuda sa Taga-Pasig (TAPAT) program which will offer loans to job seekers, entrepreneurs and businesses starters in the city.

Sec. Nograles: Gov’t Discourages Home-Based Quarantine

“We are now discouraging yung tinatawag na mag home quarantine. Dapat facility quarantine na e."

Mayor Sara: Davao City, Private Sector Join Forces Vs. COVID-19

Davao City and the private sector have initiated complementary initiatives to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 on the local economy while preventing the deadly disease from infecting more residents.

Sec. Año: Motorcycle Back-Riding For Couples Allowed Starting July 10

Back-riding in motorcycles will only be allowed for couples.

SC: Pres. Duterte Public Meetings Prove Ability To Perform Duties

Supreme Court believes PRRD's regular public appearances show that he is actively performing his official duties amid the COVID-19 pandemic.